Monday, September 13, 2010

What am I working on now??

These are the two rings that I am currently restoring.
When I received the phone call asking me if I can
repair a ring that had been cut off of a finger, my
answer was, "yes". Somewhere in my mind I was thinking of a ring that was cut off with a ring cutter,
a tool used by jewelers. Ummmm I was WRONG!
The lady that owns this ring had her uncle cut it off. I am not sure what he used, but I am sure that it was not a jewelers ring cutter! Once I got over the initial shock, my heart jumped with joy! I knew I was going to restore this ring beautifully. I have known the owner since she was 5 years old. I have to make it right for her. I want her to enjoy it the rest of
her life! If you know me very well at all, you have heard me say, "Every diamond I own, I have earned!" This sweet mamma has 3 wonderful darlings, and somehow I feel like she has earned     every single diamond in this ring! I want it right for her!


When the owner of this ring brought it in, he thought that maybe the diamonds could be pulled and the metal melted down to make a new ring. I would have gladly done that for him, but I had to offer to restore it. All I could think of at the time was the hard work that the man had done for his family wearing this ring. It was honest, diligent hard work. You can see it on the ring. He wore the ring until it could not be worn any longer. That told me he loved the ring. I really hoped he would agree to let me restore it. I knew it could be done. I just hoped he would agree.......and he did! My heart soared with delight knowing that I would get to put a few good doses of TLC on this ring. He and his precious wife came into the shoppe this weekend to check on the status of the ring. They were very delighted with how it is looking!
 
I hope to complete both of these very very soon. When I do, I will post the restoration pictures.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome job you have! You get to create and bring joy to others AND make a living at it! I'm very excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome thing to do, restoring/repairing beloved rings! I know you will do a great job and your clients will be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see them finished! It's amazing how you can fix them up so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete