2) I wanted to put a texture on it that would last without showing great wear in the future. The completed ring fit my pinky finger. Hopefully she will be able to wear this her whole life and smile at the memories that will come with it over the years.
7) You coat the ring with boric acid to protect the metal from the fire. You also add flux to where you want the solder to flow to.
8) Once the ring is clean, you shape the ring in to a round shape. You do this by placing the ring on a mandrel and and hitting it with a leather mallet on all sides.
9) Emery both sides of the ring to get any major scratches off that were made during the fabrication process.
12) Rouge makes the metal come alive! It dances with the light and shimmers only as true gold can.
Finished! Now it is ready to be shipped to the
Houston area immediately!
Congratulations on your wonderful gift of a precious grandchild!
Thank you for allowing me to make this to be treasured keepsake, that she will have her whole life. What an honor, you have given me.